Sunday, July 15, 2012

Pictures of Jams, Jelly and Zuchinni Relish

I'm so happy to share the following pictures with all of you. Hubby, daughter and I really put in some work on all of this but we are so happy with the outcome. I can't wait to get the recipes on here for you all to try out if you prefer.

I also wanted to add that I'm in the process of making a Zuchinni Relish. I have been told that if I will make this for my family they will never want pickle relish again, so we will see how that turns out.
The short jar on the left is the Mint Jelly. Made out of a Speariment Plant that I've been growing all summer long. Not to worry, the plant was not destroyed and does have a lot of new leaves starting. The Red jar is Watermelon Jelly and the Orange/Yellow jars on the right are Cantalope Jelly

I should have added a touch more green to this to make the color a bit brighter but sure wasn't thinking  about it.

These are jars we had already done. Left is Blackberry Jelly and Right is Peach jam,
This is the start of the Zuchinni Relish. You start by putting in ten cups of Zuchinni, 5 cups of chopped onions. I cheated and used 2 1/2 cups of dehrdrated onions I already had, 3 Green Peppers,  2 Red Peppers and 1 cup of salt. This has to sit overnight and then you finish it up the next day. When I get it done and they have gotten to taste test it I'll let you know how it turns out. They say that once you have this you will never want pickle rilish again.


No comments:

Post a Comment