Wednesday, July 11, 2012

July 4,2012 Taking a break from the garden

We took a break from working in the garden today to go and have some fun.

Celebrating the 4th is very important to me.  I have the freedom to work my land as I please, to attend the church I wish without fear and to have this blog and say what I wish based on all the men and women who have fought for our freedoms.

My husband and all three of our sons are among those who have gone and fought for our freedoms. Two of them have lifetime issues to deal with because of it. They have no regrets as many of our soldiers don’t. They do what they do for love of God, Family and Freedom.

July 4 2012 and more 005

Grover Park Baptist Church always puts on a very nice public fireworks display. They provide hot dogs, chips and drinks. We were thankful for the drinks as it was unbearably hot out that day.

July 4 2012 and more 007

We met up with friends and had good conversations and laughs.

July 4 2012 and more 016July 4 2012 and more 020

The Freedom Riders showed up, what a honor it was to see this wonderful group of bike riders. They have done an amazing thing of protecting our military families when loved ones are lost in war. They surround the families and the services to protect them from the ungrateful individuals who protest their funerals.

July 4 2012 and more 032

The Honor Guard was there as well, what a privilege and blessing to see them honoring our flag and country.

July 4 2012 and more 034

The heat got to baby boy a couple of times and he had to lay down and take a little rest. It wasn’t long and he was up and going with more energy than all of us combined. One of the blessings of being a 4 yr. old I guess. Smile

July 4 2012 and more 036

What a special picture this is. Baby boy getting to play and have a good time with his great grandma Shirley.

July 4 2012 and more 042

My  hubby John taking a little rest and relaxing while we wait for it to be time for the display.

July 4 2012 and more 057

I always detest having my picture taken. I look horrid with all my hair pulled back, but had no choice due to the heat. I  had to keep it off my neck and shoulders.

July 4 2012 and more 068

Addie and Grandma laughing and having a good time. There is no telling what those two were plotting. Smile

July 4 2012 and more 087July 4 2012 and more 088July 4 2012 and more 089July 4 2012 and more 094

Baby boy put on a show for us, demonstrating all his fighting or dancing moves. We had a hard time trying to figure out what he was doing and he kept changing his mind about what he was doing.

July 4 2012 and more 136July 4 2012 and more 158

In the first picture baby boy and mom are enjoying their time with laughter and big smiles.

In the second picture it appears that baby boy and Great Grandma Shirley are dancing, but I’m not sure what they were doing other than having a good time.

July 4 2012 and more 166July 4 2012 and more 167

I attempted to take a few pictures of the fireworks but either my camera is not suited for such picture taking or I’m just not skilled in taking this type of picture.

I certainly hope you all had a safe and enjoyable fourth of July  celebration.

No comments:

Post a Comment