Tuesday, July 10, 2012

Cantelope Jelly

I love this time of year with the garden when vegetables and fruits are ready to be picked. We have done some Blackberry jelly so far, got carrots shredded and in the freezer for making Carrot Cake, and the Tomatoes are about to be ready so we can start making Tomato juice, ketchup, salsa and stewed tomatoes.

One of the things I really like is trying new things, one of my new things for this year is going to be Cantelope Jelly. I love eating them and the thought of being able to spread that jelly on my toast or bagel in the morning sounds divine to me.

It will be a few days before I can give that a try but I sure will let you know how it turns out and what the family thinks of it.

If you want any of my recipe's for the things we are canning just comment below the post and I'll be happy to put it on here for you. I would hate for you to miss out on the yummy things we are making simply because of no recipe. I like getting recipes from people I know so they can tell me if they had any issues with it, how it turned out for them and if their family liked it. Recipes abound online but they are missing the information of someone who had actually used the recipe.

No comments:

Post a Comment