Thursday, July 5, 2012

4th of July

I got more pictures of the garden taken and will post them tomorrow. We had so many things going on today. I had to take several naps in order to try and be rested for the evening events. We had a great time though it was so hot it was hard to deal with. We were really happy once the sun started going down and it cooled off a bit. 

Later today, it's four in the morning right now, I'll post some pictures of the garden and I'll share a few of our celebrations this evening.

The fourth always does make me kind of sad. One of our sons can't stand to go with us to these events since he has done two tours in Iraq, he just can't handle it. Our other son had some things happen while he was in the military and now has 4 different types of epilepsy and he can't handle all the flashing. Our middle son was out of the area and not able to be here. It did cause a heavy weight on my heart but our daughter had a good time and grams got to go with us so that was great. Gramps stayed home since it was so hot out.

I found my joy in watching them and our grandson. So later today I'll get the garden pictures up so you can see what they dry weather is doing and causing us issue. I believe we have to go to watering twice a day just to try and help them survive this. I'll also share a few of our pictures from this evening. I know they have nothing to do with gardening but we have the freedom to have gardens and do the things we do thanks to our soldiers and God so maybe they are appropriate to this blog after all.

Hope you all had a great and safe holiday.

No comments:

Post a Comment