Tuesday, June 19, 2012

Raised Bed Gardens

I have a sincere love for flowers, plants and vegetable gardening. I am working on putting this blog together with updates, information and things I learn along the way.

I would like to state that I am by no means a master gardener or anything of that nature. I'm a wife, mother and Nana who wants to provide good food for her family and to save money where I can. Along with that I just dearly love watching the process of seed planting to picking produce or seeing flowers bloom.

We had thought that all my gardening days were over, three years ago I was in a work related accident and now have a total disability because of it. The damage to my body is my lower back and both legs. This makes bending, lifting, leaning ....difficult if not impossible tasks. My loving husband along with the help of our sons and daughter have been working hard to adjust our garden so that I can do as much as possible. While there is still much I need help with I can now at least do some of it, and wow what a blessing that is.

We have gone the route of raised garden beds. This is amazing for many reasons, one no more getting down on the ground. Hubby no longer has to be shaken to death by a tiller, roots are nearly non existent and if they do show up its so simple to pull them out.

I will work on putting together how to set up a raised garden bed and will also point you in the direction of other locations where you can read about them as well. I would like to say that we have read a lot of stuff, we have taken some from here and some from there and have our own system going. As you will see in the pictures and updated pictures I will be posting it is working out very well for us.

I hope you enjoy this blog, please at any time feel free to ask me questions, if I don't have an answer I'll do my best to find one, or just let me know what you think of the site.

One last disclaimer again is that I by no means have all the answers or know how, so if you have a suggestion or something that has worked out very well for you please share it so we can all benefit from your knowledge and experience.

Cynthia

No comments:

Post a Comment