Sunday, June 24, 2012

My goodness it is hot today. I didn't stay out long enough to take pictures and post them, if it cools down later I may get to it yet.


Our goal for today was to get out and get all the trimming done around the blackberry bushes and put protectors around their bases. This is such a good idea so that when the weedeater is being used the bases don't get whacked. As soon as I can I will post pictures of them so you can see what I'm talking about. Primarily they are PVC pipe that is cut in a spiral and you just lace it around the base.


We checked on the Strawberry Patch, there were about 7 big ones ready to be picked. While looking for the ripe ones we can see there are tons of little ones just waiting to get big enough and ripen. I can feel a strawberry short cake and jam heading this way. The thought makes me drool a little.


Then we stopped and checked on the Green Beans, there were quite a few of them ready to be picked so we got that taken care of. I'm thinking since those bushes are starting to slow down that I might just go ahead and plant seeds between the current rows, that way once these are done there will be others there ready to take their place. I'm going to ponder that a bit. Though they have been doing really well we still do not have enough of them to can for the winter and I really need to get that done.


The new patch of Green Beans are looking just great, I would guess that those plants are now about 4 inches tall. It won't take them long to be ready and producing as well. All total we have 3 beds of beans going so hopefully we will get what we are needing.


The new bed we just started which has Carrots, Radish and Parsley in it is showing no signs of growth. To expect that already is a bit silly since it's only been two days but the plants have been crazy already this year growing and starting to produce much sooner than they normally do.


No comments:

Post a Comment