Thursday, June 21, 2012

Bat Plant and Majesty Palm

The Bat Plant and Majesty Palm

I just had to share this little marvel. My daughter and I are keeping a close eye on stores in our area as many are reducing the prices of their plants. It seems rather early to me for them to be doing this, however, who am I to complain. We have gotten some really awesome deals between Lowe's and Ace Hardware.

The price range we have been paying for our flowers/plants have ranged from as low as ten cents to an eight dollar purchase today. Let me say the eight dollar purchase was great! We had been looking for a Palm to have in the house. The prices for us were just to high at around $20 each. Ace Hardware has all their plants on sale right now at fifty percent off. So our Majesty Palm must have been marked off a bit more since we got it for $7.99.

But that wasn't our most entertaining find. We came across a Bat Plant that dear hubby spotted and pointed out to us. We were just so amazed by this little guy that we had to have him. His marked down price ended up costing us two dollars, a price we can live with.

The very interesting part of this plant is that when looking at the blooms you will see a little purple face and two big red ears. The tag says this plant loves the sunlight so we have him potted and outside for the summer. The tag went on to say that when you  bring it in during the winter and place it in a very sunny window the chances are it will continue to bloom all winter long. You don't find many plants like that.

So check this little guy out! It just tickles me every time I look at it.




Just so I don't leave out our other great find today, here is a picture of our Majesty Palm. I have to tell you I think it was an awesome purchase for less than eight dollars. 

The other thing I think that is great about house plants is they make me feel good. I'm an outdoor kind of person and it's nice to have some of that beauty in the house.

This Palm now resides in a corner in our bedroom and it just brightens the room up. I could have gone with a plastic one, however, they look plastic and they cost more.



No comments:

Post a Comment